Working in oil & gas
If you’re looking for an exciting and rewarding career path, with long-term prospects and excellent benefits, the oil and gas industry could be for you.
The variety of roles our work generates is enormous. We recruit a host of different specialists, offering many of our people the chance to gain experience overseas.
Some of the typical careers in the oil and gas industry include:
- Geologist – identifies where reservoirs may exist
- Geophysicist – visualises the reservoir’s shape
- Petrophysicist – estimates parameters determining flow rates
- Petroleum and Reservoir Engineer – defines optimal methods to extract and exploit the reservoir
- Drilling Engineer – designs and supervises safe drilling of wells
- Development Engineer – designs and constructs facilities, pipelines, etc
- Lawyer – drafts agreements and contracts
- Commercial – negotiates agreement terms
- Economist – evaluates investment opportunities
- Accountant – records and monitors financial activities
- Human Resource Specialist – supports the attraction, recruitment, development and retention of employees.
We’re always keen to hear from talented geologists, geophysicists, drilling engineers and health, safety and environment professionals, as well as asset managers and joint venture accountants.
Whatever your area of expertise, whether you’re a fresh graduate or a seasoned professional, you can look forward to an exciting career at Cairn.