We are committed to making a positive contribution to the communities potentially impacted by our operations through meaningful, long-term partnerships with local people and authorities.
We work with the local communities where we operate to develop strong relationships built on trust and respect. We work hard to keep local communities informed and up to date with our activities. We help to develop community assets and support educational and enterprise opportunities as well as develop energy sources that contribute to community and social development. We also aim to add value through focused social investment. This commitment to our communities allows local people to enjoy the economic benefits our operations can bring.
Our Corporate Responsibility (CR) Policy, Corporate Responsibility Management System (CRMS) and Stakeholder Management Guidelines formally set out how this takes place.
- We defined a social investment programme for Senegal and established a transparent process and procedure for its implementation.
- We continued to deliver a programme of institutional capacity building and extended this to students in Senegal.
- We have supported enterprise initiatives through sponsorship of the Great Entrepreneur Competition in Senegal and financial support to The Hunger Project’s microfinance in Senegal programme.
- The Charity Committee donated over £229,000.
- Continue to deliver a transparent social investment programme in Senegal.
- Run a focused engagement programme to gauge perception of Cairn in Senegal.
- Develop a performance indicator to track value added to communities through our activities.
- Develop a CR communication document for Senegal.