|Job Title||Accounting Manager|
|Type of contract||Permanent|
Purpose of Role
To meet its principal duties according to applicable accounting standards and management expectations in the financial department.
- To be the primary point of contact for all UKN related accounting matters
- To provide support and guidance to Finance Manager
- To ensure accounting support is in place to support UKN asset team through exploration, appraisal and development
Systems, processing and compliance:
- In consultation with Finance manager and Group functions, is accountable and responsible for the review, implementation, documentation, maintenance and improvement of the UKN office based financial processes, procedures and controls
- In consultation with Finance Manager and Group functions, ensure compliance to all relevant regulation, accounting policies and procedures (including tax, joint venture and financial reporting matters)
- Reconciliations and analytic review of the balance sheet and P&L accounts
- Participation in monthly, quarterly and yearly closing process and reporting to headquarters
- Preparation of statutory financial information in accordance with applicable accounting standards.
- Preparation and review of Annual Reports
- Day to day accounting activities, Cash forecasting, internal cost allocation, etc.
- Follow up of Asset Retirement Obligation
- Over/underlift calculation
- Accounting and follow up of loan and facilities
- Various corporate accounting activities
- Tax related tasks such as monthly and quarterly tax calculation and reconciliation, input to Tax Return and other communication with the Oil Taxation Office
- Maintain and further develop tax model and tax return process
- Various ad hoc tax input
- Ensure all audits are communicated, planned, undertaken and the results are communicated in consultation with the Finance Manager (tax, statutory etc.)
- Project related tasks around M&A, funding activities, internal control or other ad hoc projects within Financial Reporting and Tax
- University degree in accounting/finance or other relevant education
- Qualified accountant
- Accounting experience preferably from the oil and gas industry with understanding of applicable accounting standards.
- Familiar with JV accounting principles on the UK & Norwegian continental shelf.
- Advanced user of excel and UNIT4
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Fluent in Norwegian and English
Company Values and High Performing Behaviours
High Performing Behaviours
- Be Safe
- Be Focused
- Be Open
- Be Collaborative
- Be a Leader
- Be Empowered
- Be Entrepreneurial