|Job Title||Deputy Contracts Manager (FTC)|
|Line manager||Group Contracts Manager|
|Department||Legal, Commercial & Contracts|
PURPOSE OF ROLE
- To help lead and manage the Company wide procurement of third-party goods and services to enable efficient, safe and cost-effective delivery of Cairn’s work programmes.
- To lead and manage the Contracts Officers and support the delivery to achieve the above objective ensuring appropriate JV engagement and information flow to ensure JV and cost recovery.
- Support the Group Contracts Manager by balancing workloads and agreeing priority areas and point contacts for responsibility within projects.
1. Provide direction and support to the Asset and Operational teams responsible for contracting of third party goods and services, including:
- working with other key stakeholders in the organisation, co-ordinating the preparation of ITT / Contract documentation and structure commercial elements of ITT / Contract documentation;
- co-ordinate and undertake clarification and negotiation processes with Contractors and, participate in commercial / legal negotiations
- prepare contract committee and recommendation to award (RTA) documents etc to outline clearly and transparently the basis of contract award for upstream oilfield goods and services
2. To direct and manage (as required) the Contracts Officers, provide guidance on best practice, assurance and input in respect of the process and best use of Unit 4 Business World for the procurement of third-party services and goods by the Company.
3. Responsibility for corporate contracting activities (e.g. IT, IM, Travel), co-ordinating the preparation of ITT / Contract documentation and structure commercial elements of ITT / Contract documentation; co-ordinate and undertake clarification and negotiation processes, assist in the internal approvals process.
4. Advise Asset Management as required on non-operated projects in relation to contracts strategy, review of award recommendation documentation and as required participate on bid committee or other relevant JV meetings.
5. Assist in the periodic review of corporate procurement policies & procedures.
6. Working with members of the Legal team, will be the focal point responsible for maintenance of the model contract templates and related documentation.
7. Deputise for the Contracts Manager as required.
8. Develop and implement methods for analysis and reporting of procurement data and management information and maintain a database of cost benchmarking, particularly in relation to MODU (Modular Offshore Drilling Units); land rigs: PSV (Platform Support/Supply Vessels); Oilfield Drilling Services
- including manufacture and supply of oilfield tubular and wellheads; 2D and 3D seismic vessels/vehicles; helicopters and aviation services; FPSOs; Subsea installation and pipe lay vessels; and other upstream services/suppliers, as requested.
- Apply a process of continuous supplier improvement, regularly evaluating quality and performance benchmarks, and the risks and parameters associated with the preferred supplier base selection.
- Manage, train, coach and mentor Contracts personnel.
- Provide support to ERP systems ongoing development and maintenance.
- Contribute to the achievement of departmental KPI’s.
- Maintain standard suite of documentation for the function.
- Ensure compliance with regulations, policies and procedures both legislative and corporate.
- Professional Supply Chain or Procurement qualification (CIPS/CPM).
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent required (QS / Technical / Economic or Business related) (preferred).
Relevant Experience/ Skills
- Relevant experience in Contract Engineering / Procurement within upstream oil and gas environment, preferably with an Independent oil company and/or oilfield services provider.
- Knowledge and application of supply chain methodologies, strategic analysis and implementation including risk analysis and risk mitigation. A
- Prior experience of conducting business in international environments and / or working within a Production Sharing Contract (PSC) regime is desirable.
- Strong “hands-on” document preparation skills and an ability to work at pace to meet deadlines, whilst still delivering acceptable quality
- Operational knowledge with direct experience in several of the following: (i) 2D/3D seismic acquisition and processing, (ii) geological, petro-physical and reservoir studies (iii) onshore/offshore drilling, (iv) production operations and supporting onshore and offshore logistics.
- Working Knowledge of Information Systems Technology such as Unit 4 / SAP / Maximo etc.
- Knowledge of commercial and contract law.
- Demonstrable experience of strong sourcing and negotiating skills.
Company Values and High Performing Behaviours
High Performing Behaviours
- Be Entrepreneurial
- Be Empowered
- Be Collaborative
- Be Safe
- Be Focused
- Be Open
- Be a Leader