|Job Title||Executive Assistant|
|Line manager||Managing Director (Egypt)|
PURPOSE OF ROLE
- To provide pro-active secretarial and administrative support to the Managing Director (Egypt) and the wider Cairo Office.
- Ensure the Managing Director’s diary is managed effectively and accurately by planning ahead, prioritising meeting requirements, avoiding clashes, re-arranging meetings when required and ensuring that each days schedule runs as smoothly as possible and that the Director attends meetings on time with the appropriate documents / papers.
- Arrange a large volume of travel and accommodation for the Managing Director and sometimes team members within the Cairo Office, including organising flights, trains, taxis, hotels and formulating travel itineraries.
- Preparing visa applications and ensuring team members have relevant inoculations in advance of travel.
- Securing prior approvals and up-dating travel profiles on the company travel system.
- Organise both internal and external meetings; prepare and circulate papers / agendas in advance of meeting; maintain minutes / records of meetings attended and follow up on agreed actions.
- Arrange catering and hospitality for meeting.
- Ensure video conferencing facilities / conference calls are set up in advance of planned meetings.
- Arrange team meetings; one-to-one meetings and team events.
- Meet and greet visitors as required and inform reception of all external visitors in advance.
- Assist Managing Director in managing e-mail and routine correspondence.
- Typing, preparing and printing correspondence, reports, minutes of meetings, letters, etc.
- Opening and distributing incoming mail to relevant team members.
- Maintaining the Director’s contact lists on outlook and LinkedIn and file business cards appropriately.
- Manage and maintain all general and confidential electronic and manual files within the department to ensure that all records are accessible for department staff and up-to-date and that the filing system is kept in good order.
- Photocopying, scanning and binding of documents; sending faxes; organising couriers; arranging stationery.
- Maintain and publish holiday and staff movement chart for the department.
- Filter telephone calls, documents, correspondence and messages ensuring information is passed to the Director or forwarded to the appropriate team member / department in a timely manner.
- Complete expense forms for team members ensuring all receipts are supplied and according to company protocol and process.
- Raise requisitions and ensure purchase orders are approved and released.
- Ensure goods are receipted.
- Complete timesheets.
- Participate as a ‘recorder’ on the CERT on call duty roster
- Support specific projects on behalf of the Managing Director.
- Attend regular EA team meetings.
- Provide reception/switchboard cover.
- Notify relevant parties of news starts/leavers within the department and raise appropriate paperwork e.g. relevant authorisations in place, IT form, new start notification, arrange internal introductory meetings etc.
- Maintain department page on the Intranet and upload documents as required.
- Take responsibility for organising and maintaining the department office area in a safe and tidy manner.
- Post weekly staff movement sheet.
- Assisting other departments as and when required.
- Carry out such other related activities as delegated by the Director.
- Good standard of secondary education.
Relevant Experience/ Skills
- Prior experience of operating as a PA/EA at a very senior level in an Oil & Gas company (candidate must be able to operate effectively in a very busy department, working closely with the company’s executive and senior management and a wide group of external individuals and organisations. It’s a fast moving and dynamic environment requiring flexibility and a calm and well organised approach at all times).
- High level of integrity with the ability to maintain trust and confidentiality.
- Strong initiative, self-motivation, confident, self-assured, highly adaptable, calm under pressure.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to produce accurate minutes of meetings.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-moving environment and flex as required, working extra hours if needed.
- Minimum typing speed of 50 wpm.
- Demonstrates a methodical approach and strong attention to detail.
- Can plan, prioritise and deliver to tight timescales.
- Ability to work quickly with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to build and maintain effective relationships and networks both internally and externally.
- Strong communications skills; able to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- To support our multi-country locations, conversational competence in French or Spanish would be advantageous, but is not essential. At Cairn, our aim is to continually create and sustain a culture-rich nimble working environment where diversity and inclusion are hugely valued.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the Egypt without sponsorship.
Company Values and High Performing Behaviours
High Performing Behaviours
- Be Entrepreneurial
- Be Empowered
- Be Collaborative
- Be Safe
- Be Focused
- Be Open
- Be a Leader