|Job Title||Executive Assistant|
|Line manager||General Manager|
|Type of contract||Permanent|
|Location||Mexico City, Mexico|
As a member of the Mexico team, you’ll heavily be involved in supporting the General Manager in the setup of the Mexico office; expected to provide a pro-active secretarial/administrative service to the team and proactively support the company efforts in ensuring we have a great place to work by acting as the first point of contact for the Company, and answering external and internal calls.
Areas of responsibility
- Support set up of new office
- Greet visitors in a professional and courteous manner.
- Deal with all external and internal calls promptly and efficiently within three rings.
- Action messages taken from calls or requests from members of staff.
- Prepare list of external visitors expected keep everyone in the loop with changes to maximise security for the company.
- Book meeting rooms, log information and liaise with kitchen with regards to catering requirements.
- Ensure that the company reception folder is maintained & up-to-date.
- Maintain an up-to-date phone/mobile list for all Cairn employees and post updated list on the intranet.
- Maintain an up-to-date list of incoming/outgoing staff movements.
- Allocate car parking spaces for Mexico staff and visitors and keep the allocation list up-to-date. Send email reminders so that they have the correct information.
- Check invoices against logs for taxis, couriers and UPS when they arrive.
Administrative and General Duties
- Provide support to the Mexico team and perform diverse administrative duties (e.g. drafting correspondence, tracking expenses and filing expense reports).
- Manage a variety of daily business matters, prioritise items needing executive input and make limited or guided decisions on executive’s behalf.
- Manage the scheduling, organisation and confirmation of meetings and appointments.
- Support filing of arrangements before government agencies –occasionally in short notice.
- Coordinate distribution of correspondence and parcels inside and outside the office, occasionally support using public transportation or personal vehicle.
- Walk floor at least once per week to identify H&S risks and maintenance issues.
- Check the printing room and tidy up when necessary and ensure stocks are available.
- Check all meeting rooms and ensure the rooms are fit for purpose.
Mail & Deliveries
- Prepare all international courier PAKS and frank all Company mail for the Edinburgh office and overseas locations.
- Review company PR emails on a daily basis, distribute within the organisation and reply to general emails.
- Review Right Fax and distribute within the organisation.
- Receive all deliveries, check that it’s for Cairn, sign and notify relevant personnel.
- Order taxis for staff and guests and log in the spreadsheet.
- Order company stationery on a regular basis.
- Maintain the stationery room well stocked and tidy on a regular basis.
- College degree or administrative assistant diploma.
Relevant experience / Skills
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Office administration/ customer service experience.
- Experience working as a receptionist.
- Experience of dealing with a busy switchboard.
- Able to organise and prioritise a workload consistent of separate procedures and deadlines.
- Strong sense of integrity and the ability to deal with ethical situations effectively.
Company Values and High Performing Behaviours
High Performing Behaviours
- Be Safe
- Be Focused
- Be Open
- Be Collaborative
- Be a Leader
- Be Empowered
- Be Entrepreneurial