|Job Title||Group Tax Manager|
|Line manager||Finance Director|
PURPOSE OF ROLE
- The purpose of this role is to provide expert advice, guidance, and counsel across the Group so that an optimum tax strategy allows the company to maximise its value.
- Critical to this role is the ability to influence and build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Providing pragmatic advice on all new country entry opportunities as well as playing a key role in our M&A activities are strong features of this role.
- Pivotal to this role is ensuring we remain compliant with the appropriate worldwide tax regimes and managing and mitigating the associated risks is vital.
- Provide expert planning and structuring advice for all Group tax matters so that the company can
maximise its value
- Provide critical tax-related input to all M&A and Divestment activities across the Group
- Deploy expert decision-making skills often when there is no obvious answer on complex tax-related or structural challenges
- Deploy deep technical assurance relating to tax compliance, reporting and filing requirements for UK tax
- Provide support, challenge, and QA/QC overview to in-country assets on tax-related activities
- Explore and critically review Advisor advice on tax-related complex challenges and provide recommendations that fit the company’s risk appetite
- Proactively manage a functional risk framework to ensure visibility of significant risks and mitigating factors can be reported to the Board.
- Provide advice to payroll function on PAYE, UK and Expat employment taxes, including share schemes and long-term incentive plans.
- Maintain deep industry and tax discipline knowledge so that the company can remain nimble and react swiftly to opportunities.
Leadership & Stakeholder Management
- Support the Director of Finance and key stakeholders across the Group in providing sound advice and guidance on all tax-related matters
- Provide leadership and management support, guidance and training to Tax and Payroll team members to ensure competence levels meet ongoing expectations.
- Proactively engage internal stakeholders to build strong relationships so that collaboration is achieved with ease.
- Participate as an active member of the Company’s Pensions Committee
- Represent the company at Brindex Tax sub-committee meetings or similar in other territories.
- CTA qualification (or similar)
- Extensive experience within the Oil & Gas industry and international tax matters
- Managing and mitigating risks
Relevant Experience/ Skills
- Subject matter expert on UK corporation tax and international tax regimes
- Strong working knowledge of PAYE/NIC and VAT requirements demonstrating an expert ability in dealing with both compliance and advisory issues
- Strong commercial nous
- Strong ability to work at pace
- Excellent relationship management skills with a high level of gravitas
- Strong communication skills, both reporting and presentations
- Sound people coaching skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Sound project / programme management experience
- Subject matter expert skills of accounting packages and use of Office 365 applications
- Strong working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP
Company Values and High Performing Behaviours
High Performing Behaviours
- Be Entrepreneurial
- Be Empowered
- Be Collaborative
- Be Safe
- Be Focused
- Be Open
- Be a Leader