Health, Safety & Emergency Advisor
|Job Title||Health, Safety & Emergency Advisor|
|Line manager||Group HSE Manager|
|Type of contract||Permanent|
Act as the focal point for Cairn Corporate and operational management of crisis and emergency management, and for delivery of security support.
Provide operational support for asset/project activities with special emphasis on provision of health, safety, emergency and security management.
Areas of responsibility
Leadership and Project Delivery
Support HSE risk identification, management planning and operational control.
Uphold and promote HSE behaviours in line with Group Corporate Responsibility (CR) Principles, Policies and CR Management System (CRMS).
Ensure that compatible health, safety and environmental culture and systems are integrated into our activities.
Ensure contractors are aligned and compliant with our HSE and CR requirements.
Act as HSE Advisor for asset/project on behalf of the Dept for specific programmes in our operated and non-operated portfolio, and in new venture activities.
Provide emergency and security expertise and act under direction of Senior HSE personnel assuming responsibility for key tasks as identified.
Willing to develop skills other HSE skills including environmental and social issues
Preparation of Project Delivery Process (Gated Process) document deliverables and
participation in PDP gate meetings for specified projects.
Delivery of health, safety and emergency support to internal stakeholders.
Strong collaboration with colleagues to deliver quality and timely HSE support
Crisis and Emergency Management:
Act as focal point for maintaining and improving the Cairn Crisis and Emergency Response Team (CERT) capabilities under direction of the Group HSE Manager.
Strong grounding in Incident Command System (ICS) mechanisms
Ability to provide innovative solutions to deliver Incident Management Team (IMT) support in different geographical locations.
Act as focal point for managing crisis and emergency related contracts and memberships, and assist in selection and competence assessment.
Support development of crisis and emergency documentation including Corporate Crisis and Emergency Response Team manual, project specific emergency response and oil spill contingency plans.
Lead development of quarterly exercises, monthly training themes and materials, leading weekly handover meetings.
Delivery of training and coaching to CERT members including weekly refresher training at handover meetings.
Oversee CERT room readiness and improvement.
Act as CERT HSE Advisor on-call 24h as part of a rota system.
- Act as focal point for maintaining Cairn security mechanisms.
- Support to travellers including risk assessment, pre-travel advice and journey management.
- Support to personnel in Cairn offices including development of local security plans, evacuation procedures and specialist support services.
- Assessment of security risks in new country entry.
- Management of supporting contractors and services as directed, and assistance in selection and competence assessment
- Degree or qualification in a relevant technical discipline.
- Oil spill response qualification (IMO or MCA/OPEP Level 3)
- In depth experience as emergency and security advisor with preference for experience gained in an overseas location within the oil and gas or energy sectors.
- Experience gained as an emergency/security advisor for the oil and gas industry, preferably including overseas experience, in challenging environments.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of crisis and emergency planning and response delivery.
- Preference for knowledge of oil spill planning and response.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of security planning and support in challenging environments.
- Ability to communicate across organisational levels and strong collaboration skills.
- Experience of MS Office Programmes.
- Experience of working in an international context.
- Experience of working with in a demanding operating team environment, and demonstrating a strong awareness of HSE and risk management issues.
- Track record and ability to work in high-pressure situations.
Company Values and High Performing Behaviours
High Performing Behaviours
- Be Safe
- Be Focused
- Be Open
- Be Collaborative
- Be a Leader
- Be Empowered
- Be Entrepreneurial