Information Management – Seasonal Intern
|Job Title||Information Management – Seasonal Intern|
|Type of contract||Seasonal|
|Location||Edinburgh, United Kingdom|
Purpose of Role
To provide Information Management support and services to the organisation and to assist with an initial, one off project for the Accounts Payable Team. This project is assumed as a 6-8 week initiative as part of GDPR preparation and will involve:
- Reviewing and handling confidential records
- Using existing metadata to classify and relate pdf files to paper records
- Submission of files to external archives to agreed standards
A direct line of resource will be available at all times to provide guidance and support. Other bespoke projects have been identified and will be considered depending on timeframes and suitability of the selected candidate.
Information Life Cycle Management
- Develop skills to apply relevant metadata to all information assets. This will greatly improve retrieval of information and aid in the classification of information types
- Support functions or assets to perform retention, deletion and destruction of documents and content in line with Cairn policies and procedures
- Build cataloguing and indexing skills for physical and digital information and data sets
- Load and store simple physical and digital information and data sets
- Publish information and content to Cairn standards in the appropriate systems e.g. SharePoint, EPMS and IMLS
- Learn the procedure for archiving a range of information assets to Cairn standards. This includes data rooms, projects, collaboration spaces etc
- Build experience in dealing with all staff and 3rd party suppliers in line with Cairns behaviours of relationships, respect and responsibility
- Participate in support of projects whether customer led or IM led
Information Security Management
- Build skills in information confidentiality and entitlement for all information assets. These will need to be applied differently depending on the system in use
- Seek assistance from senior IM staff on the application of information governance/access rights with the function, asset or project to make sure this is up to date and agreed at the appropriate level e.g. tight well policy for Operated Wells
- Gain awareness of the IM infrastructure in place to store and manage content effectively for functions, assets and projects.
General Support Duties
- Including, but not limited to providing weekly meeting updates to the IM Team Lead/IM Analyst III
- Any other duties as directed
- A levels or equivalent in relevant subjects, e.g. English, Geography, Relevant Experience/Skills
- Working towards a relevant further education qualification e.g. Librarianship/Information Management
- OR work-based experience and CILIP qualification
- Previous experience or understanding in subsurface document control an advantage.
- Some document/records management background preferred.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Document Control principles and practices.
- Knowledge of SharePoint 2013 useful but not essential as full training will be given.
- Knowledge of Adobe professional useful but not essential as full training will be given.
- Attention to detail, Customer service and IT Literacy
Company Values and High Performing Behaviours
High Performing Behaviours
- Be Safe
- Be Focused
- Be Open
- Be Collaborative
- Be Empowered