|Company||Capricorn Energy plc|
|Job Title||IT Infrastructure Analyst|
|Line manager||Technical Operations Manager|
|Type of contract||Permanent|
|Department||Information and Technology|
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The IT Infrastructure Analyst position is a hands-on technical role. The role is responsible for supporting the deployment of IT technologies covering all elements of the technical IT Infrastructure, delivering according to IT infrastructure policies and standards, and working closely with members of the IT Technical Operations team and managed service partners.
- Support the deployment of global infrastructure systems, including service improvements and add further value to IT’s service offerings.
- Contribute towards the creation and ongoing maintenance of technical documentation.
- Supporting business projects as directed.
- Supporting branch office and offshore technical deployments.
- Actively monitoring overall capacity utilisation of server/hardware environment ensuring it is optimised to meet business requirements.
- Liaising effectively with users, service owners and partners particularly where business disruption occurs.
- Assist with planning and implementing systems and network integrations following M&A activity.
- Educated to diploma level (or equivalent experience)
- Microsoft certification a requirement
- Cisco certification (advantageous)
- ITIL V4 Foundation (nice to have but training can be provided)
Relevant Experience/ Skills
- Strong hands-on/technical knowledge of core Microsoft technologies.
- Have some knowledge of cloud platform such as Azure, AWS and cloud storage.
- Good understanding of user environment management, including desktops/laptops, profile management, software delivery, etc.
- Familiarity with IT Infrastructure technologies like storage area networks (SAN), virtualisation and networking.
- Champion in implementing IT policies, procedures and best practices.
- Willing to travel to remote offices and offshore oil rigs if required.
- Proactive in understanding and staying up-to-date on the current projects in progress, projects in pipeline and operational issues. Similarly, must stay up-to-date with existing and new industry technology trends and applicability of software/hardware solutions.
- Ability to plan own time effectively; able to prioritise key tasks, work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Detail oriented and logical.
- Passion for technology.
- Have working knowledge of Windows Server Environments, including OS build, AD, DNS, DHCP and GPO from design to implementation and support.
- Have excellent analysis and problem-solving skills
- Have experience of producing and updating technical documentation to a high standard.
- Be experienced working within ITIL framework particularly around change control.
Know-how in deploying IT strategies in line with the overall IT and business strategy.
Ambitious with regards to personal growth and development.
Experience of collaborating within the team to implement the Group's IT strategy.Notes:
- To support our multi-country locations, conversational competence in French or Spanish would be advantageous, but is not essential. At Cairn, our aim is to continually create and sustain a culture-rich nimble working environment where diversity and inclusion are hugely valued.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the UK without sponsorship.
Company Values and High Performing Behaviours
High Performing Behaviours
- Be Entrepreneurial
- Be Empowered
- Be Collaborative
- Be Safe
- Be Focused
- Be Open
- Be a Leader