|Job Title||JV Accountant|
|Type of contract||Permanent|
Purpose of Role
To assist the financial department to meet its principal duties according to applicable accounting standards and management expectations.
Responsible for the day-to-day accounting processes, including budgeting and reporting, including preparation of Joint Venture billings and cash calls.
Preparation, processing and reporting
- Responsible for Joint venture accounting including monthly cash call, billings, Farm-in, reconciliations and cost control of Joint Venture licenses on the UK & Norwegian continental shelf.
- Responsible for maintaining the Operated Joint Venture gross and net financial records and reconciliations of such accounts including working capital
- Responsible for the preparation of cash calls and/or invoicing and associated accounting
- Responsible for the review of operated JV partner billing statements before they are issued
- Assist in ensuring compliance with the financial requirements of the Licences, Joint Operating Agreements and other relevant agreements or legislation as required
- Assist in preparation of internal and external reports (routine and non-routine)
- Assist with the preparation of financial budgets and AFEs for joint venture activities
- Assist in preparing responses to Partners and Government queries on AFEs, billings, and other reports
- Participation in monthly, quarterly and yearly closing process and reporting to headquarters
- Internal financial controls and risk management
Budget and Forecast processes
- Participate in the Budgeting, forecasting and financial planning processes
- Cash forecasting, VAT returns, internal cost allocation, etc…
Systems and Procedures
- Participate in the review, establishment, implementation, documentation and improvement of the financial systems, procedures and controls for the UKN
- University degree in accounting/finance or other relevant education
- Qualified accountant
- Accounting experience preferably from the oil and gas industry with understanding of applicable accounting standards.
- Familiar with JV accounting principles on the UK & Norwegian continental shelf.
- Advanced user of excel and UNIT4
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Fluent in Norwegian and English
Company Values and High Performing Behaviours
High Performing Behaviours
- Be Safe
- Be Focused
- Be Open
- Be Collaborative
- Be a Leader
- Be Empowered
- Be Entrepreneurial