|Job Title||Procurement Manager|
|Line manager||Findlay Muir - Functional
Luis Ramirez - Asset
|Type of contract||Permanent|
|Location||Mexico City, Mexico|
|Department||Capricorn Americas Mexico Ltd|
- Ensure that the contracting activities supporting the Cairn’s Mexico Asset follow and adhere to the Cairn Operating Standards and in accordance with PSC and JOA requirements.
- To establish, maintain and manage the contracting and procurement of third party goods and services to enable efficient, safe and cost effective delivery of Cairn’s work programmes in Mexico.
- For drilling and non-drilling activities, provide procurement support and place contracts and purchase orders with third parties to deliver goods and services as requested by users and in support of the Mexican asset.
- Responsible for the reporting of procurement related activities (including coordination of national content reporting by suppliers)
Areas of responsibility
- Lead the tendering and contracting of third party goods and services for non-well related spend in Mexico.
- In collaboration with the Edinburgh-based Contracts and Procurement team, provide input and assistance in the tendering, evaluation and contracting of the third party goods and services for the operated drilling projects in accordance with the Cairn Operating Standard and PSC/ JOA requirements.
- Provide input to the preparation of contract award recommendation papers in accordance with the requirements of the Cairn Contracts Committee and coordinate and track contract award approvals in accordance with the JOA and PSC requirements.
- Establish processes, controls and procedures and using a working functional system to generate and issue purchase orders for drilling and non-drilling spend
- Prepare and continually maintain a suite of reporting documentation on contracting and procurement activities for internal purposes and to meet regulator and Government requirements.
- Responsible for receipt and coordination of national content reporting.
- Assist in the due diligence and ABC risk assessment of suppliers and contractors to be utilised by the Mexican asset.
Performance Management Record
Cairn Operating Standards
Cairn Group Annual KPIs
Asset Licence requirements
- 1-2- 1 with Functional Managers and Mexico General Manager
- Project Gate Deliverables
Well Engineering (WE)
Legal / Contracts and Procurement
Asset / Asset Finance
3 rd Party Vendors
- Preferred - Undergraduate degree or equivalent required (QS / Technical / Economic or Business related).
- Desired - Professional Supply Chain or Procurement qualification (CIPS/CPM).
- Extensive experience in the oil and gas industry
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Relevant experience in Procurement
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Good communication, listening and organisational skills
- Accuracy and thoroughness in the work, with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure to tight deadlines with an ability to manage priorities
- Ability to work on own initiative is essential
- Adaptable / flexible
- Good inter-personal skills
- Strong understanding of the Mexico opportunity
Company Values and High Performing Behaviours
High Performing Behaviours
- Be Safe
- Be Focused
- Be Open
- Be Collaborative
- Be a Leader
- Be Empowered
- Be Entrepreneurial