Senior Drilling Engineer
|Job Title||Senior Drilling Engineer|
|Line manager||HSE & Operations Manager|
|Type of contract||Permanent|
|Department||HSE & Operations Department|
To prepare detailed well designs and drilling execution programmes for Capricorn Norge own operated wells in close co-operation with the Project Manager.
To manage and deliver a safe, accidental loss-free working environment, in a cost effective and efficient manner, in accordance with Capricorn Norges’ policy and procedure, and regulatory standards.
Areas of responsibility
- To ensure all Capricorn Norge well delivery campaigns are conducted in compliance with the deliverables detailed in the internal Gated Process.
- To prepare detailed well designs for the Capricorn Norge drilling campaign, in a manner compliant with the data submitted in the well Pre Drill Data Packages.
- To prepare the Detailed Drilling Programmes for the execution of the Capricorn Norge drilling campaign, in a manner compliant with the detailed well design and PDDP requirements.
- To ensure all drilling programmes and amendments are compliant with the internal Drilling Policy, and other regulatory requirements stipulated in the Drilling campaign.
- To conduct and facilitate all well related HAZIDs and Risk Assessments.
- To prepare all the drilling related documentation required for Drilling Programme submissions. To ensure the accuracy and QA/QC of all such submissions.
- To prepare Scopes of Work for Drilling Service tenders. To evaluate the submissions and facilitate the award of contracts.
- To ensure contingency plans are in place for deviation from the planned drilling programmes.
- To prepare well AFE cost estimates for budget purposes and cost tracking of well expenditure.
- To provide technical support and advice to the HSE & Operations Manager /Project Manager/Drilling Superintendent and Drilling Supervisors in the execution of the Capricorn Norge drilling activities to ensure all well operations are conducted in a safe and effective manner in compliance with the requirements of the Detailed Drilling Programme.
- To provide the primary interface between the Capricorn Norge Drilling Team and the Subsurface and Production Technology Teams.
- To identify well Long Lead Items for early procurement.
- To assure the accuracy, content and quality of all ‘Tight Hole’ and associated operational data.
- To provide support to relevant parties in interface with the rig offshore management and service company personnel teams.
- To co-ordinate operations, personnel, materials, equipment, services and external agencies to safely minimize well downtime and costs.
- To liaise with the onshore Capricorn Norge staff to ensure that all relevant operational information is effectively communicated. To communicate the daily drilling and associated activity reports.
- To prepare End of Well Reports in a timely manner, and capture lessons learned during the drilling campaign, to ensure this learning is incorporated in future well design and programming.
- To ensure all relevant well delivery documentation is captured in the Project e-room facility.
- To ensure drilling equipment called-off for the campaign is QA/QC inspected prior to delivery.
- To co-ordinate with Logistics the early critical equipment transfers from one vendor to another.
- Demonstrate personal commitment and leadership to the safety and integrity of the Capricorn Norge drilling campaign. Ensure the well designs and drilling programmes are in full compliance with Corporate and Statutory Health, Safety & Environmental Management requirements.
- Conduct and facilitate HAZID’s & risk analyses for all non standard and higher risk operations.
- Highlight and manage all well or well design non-conformances during planning and operational activities.
- Support with the reporting, management, follow up, and close out all offshore incidents and non-conformances.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree qualified in an Engineering discipline, with extensive experience in drilling operations planning execution and supervision. To be in possession of a current Subsea Combined IWCF Drilling Supervisors Certificate.
The job holder must have proven:
- Detailed knowledge of offshore Deep Water Exploration Drilling, Petroleum Engineering disciplines, and drilling contractual procedures.
- Detailed knowledge of DST & High Angle Well Design and Operations.
- Detailed knowledge of Rig Inspection & Acceptance procedures.
- Experience in working with teams of different and diverse nationalities.
- English language (spoken and written), a team player, capable of working with multi-discipline oilfield professionals from various parent companies.
- Working primarily onshore in the Capricorn Norge office in Stavanger
- Being flexible for temporary assignments abroad as required.
- To be available for weekend Operations Rotas and Emergency Control Centre Duty Rotas.
- To be available for Rig HSE Inspection visits.
- To visit wellsites as required by the HSE & Operations Manager and Project Manager.
Company Values and High Performing Behaviours
High Performing Behaviours
- Be Safe
- Be Focused
- Be Open
- Be Collaborative
- Be a Leader
- Be Empowered
- Be Entrepreneurial