Senior JV Lead
|Job Title||Senior JV Lead|
|Type of contract||Permanent|
Purpose of Role
To assist the financial department to meet its principal duties according to applicable accounting standards and management expectations.
- To be the primary point of contact for all UKN JV accounting matters
- To lead all UKN budgeting, reporting and analysis of costs for the following activities: manpower and corporate cost, UKN assets and projects and other UKN related activities as appropriate
- To provide support to the UKN Regional Finance manager
- To mentor the UKN JV accountants
Accounting and processing
- Ensure full reconciliation / compliance / assurance reviews for areas of responsibility
- Participation in monthly, quarterly and yearly closing process and reporting to headquarters
- Preparation of statutory financial information in accordance with applicable accounting standards.
- Responsible for the JV accounting, both operated and non-operated, monthly cash call, billings, Farm-in, reconciliations and cost control of Joint Venture licenses on the UK & Norwegian continental shelf.
Budget and Forecast processes
- Responsible for Preparing annual UKN manpower plan, Preparing UKN asset, departmental and project budgets and Preparing budget revision forms and relevant back-up
- Responsible for preparing budgeted timewriting rates, reviewing rate movements throughout the year and posting adjustment to actual at the year-end or as required throughout the year
- To represent the asset either alone or with the UKN Regional Finance Manager in meetings with Governments and Partners and other stakeholders, and responsible, with the UKN Regional Finance Manager, for the financial elements of presentations given to them
- Responsible for responding to Partner and Government queries on AFEs, billings, and other reports
Systems and Procedures
- Responsible, with the UKN Accounting Manager, for the review, establishment, implementation, documentation and improvement of the financial systems, procedures and controls for the UKN
- Assist in the financial review of new or ongoing oil and gas agreements and other major contracts and other documents.
- University degree in accounting/finance or other relevant education
- Qualified accountant
- Accounting experience preferably from the oil and gas industry with understanding of applicable accounting standards.
- Strong understanding of business drivers and processes to report in a timely, efficient and effective manner to management so that appropriate decision / actions can be taken
- Familiar with JV accounting principles on the UK & Norwegian continental shelf.
- Advanced user of excel and UNIT4
- Strong systems/ data manipulation skills
- Reporting and analysis experience
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Fluent in Norwegian and English
Company Values and High Performing Behaviours
High Performing Behaviours
- Be Safe
- Be Focused
- Be Open
- Be Collaborative
- Be a Leader
- Be Empowered
- Be Entrepreneurial