|Job Title||Social and Stakeholder Engagement Adviser|
|Line manager||Egypt Country HSSE Manager|
PURPOSE OF ROLE
- This role is a key support to the Egypt Country HSSE Manager and Managing Director (Egypt)
- Focal point and responsible for development of and implementation of social management and investment in Egypt working closely with CSR adviser in head office
- Develop and manage appropriate social management plans and controls in accordance with Company Standards, international best practice and industry standards including IFC, human rights guidelines, Equator principles, IPIECA and regulatory requirements
- Oversight of external agencies (e.g. social consultancies) to ensure implementation of social management plans
- Work with external contractors delivering operated activity to oversee and manage related social management
- Participate in day-to-day stakeholder engagement activities relating to engagement with external agencies as required to support in country activities led by Cairo office
- Manage permitting/licensing/consent requirements to ensure activities take place on schedule engaging with key stakeholders as required
- Select, develop, initiate and manage social investment activity
- Support external affairs initiatives and activities .e.g. conferences
Commitment and accountability
- Committed to the ensuring full compliance with all Cairn Corporate and Egypt Codes, Policies, Standards and Procedures.
Policies, standards and procedures
- Ensures compliance with the above.
- Works with country and Edinburgh teams to develop Egypt-specific procedures and standards where required.
Organisation resources and capability
- Provides essential support to the Egypt Country HSSE Manager and Managing Director (Egypt) and teams in the Cairo office.
- Works closely with CSR adviser to report on social management and investment approach and implementation.
Stakeholders and customers
- Identify and manage internal and external providers to develop Social Impact assessments, Stakeholder Engagement Plans, Social Management plans including social investment. Oversight of contractors conducting land compensation and permitting when impacting local communities. Work with stakeholders as required to support day to day activities in Egypt office relating to permitting and activities such as conferences.
Plans and procedures
- Social impact assessment – working with providers to develop, implement and report to assessment as required.
- Social management – develop and implement complex social management plans where the UN SDG’s are core to the project objectives.
- Implement tailored stakeholder engagement plans including grievance management and compensation management.
- Grievance management – design appropriate mechanism, implement, monitor and report. Investigate and support resolution where required.
- Compensation management – working with local government bodies and collaborating with local structures to establish, define and closely manage appropriate compensation framework and process.
- Stakeholder identification and engagement – advise on and implement long term engagement strategy. Engaging directly with local communities, workers, local and national relevant government bodies. Facilitate and participate in public consultations.
- Works with Contracts and Procurement as well as Group Risk Team on contractor social considerations such as ABC assessments ensuring compliance with international protocols and agreements such as Modern Slavery, VPSHR, No forced nor child labour.
Execution of work
- Ensures on time and to agreed quality execution of work activities, including all reports and updates.
- Manages field staff managing social engagement and social projects.
Monitor, report and learn
- Monitors changes in Egyptian legislation and social and stakeholder requirements on the Capricorn Egypt concessions and monitors non-operated activity in the area of role expertise.
Assurance, review and improvement
- Will maintain the Capricorn Egypt HSSE Assurance plan is maintained up to date with regard to social, stakeholder engagement and permitting, working closely with the Country HSSE Manager/Corporate Risk and Managing Director (Egypt).
- Relevant experience in social and stakeholder engagement / management.
- A University degree would be preferred in a relevant subject.
- Understands and is familiar with the Egyptian permitting and consents regime of oil and gas projects including seismic acquisition and drilling.
Relevant Experience/ Skills
- Has worked in the oil and gas sector before
- Is familiar with the lifecycle of oil and gas projects both onshore and offshore
- Has instigated and managed social programmes in Egypt and internationally in line with international standards
- Ideally established contacts in western desert and national government
- Is fluent in English and Arabic
- Is competent in all Microsoft tools as well as can quickly assimilate the knowledge of other software’s and reporting tools
- A self- starter comfortable taking multiple tasks and working it to conclusion
- A team player
- Comfortable with change and able to rapidly adapt
- Brings forward solutions, doesn’t focus on the problem
- Is able to rapidly develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Open minded and adaptable to deliver
Company Values and High Performing Behaviours
High Performing Behaviours
- Be Entrepreneurial
- Be Empowered
- Be Collaborative
- Be Safe
- Be Focused
- Be Open
- Be a Leader