Be aware of fraudulent offers of employment.
We are aware that emails are circulating containing offers of employment that look like they originate from Cairn. Although these offers look to be genuine they are fraudulent hoax offers. It would appear the hoax is intended to defraud recipients of their personal information and / or money. Please see below for detailed below information to help you identify a fraudulent offer of employment.
The points below may help you to identify if you have received a fraudulent offer of employment.
- This is the first time that you have received correspondence from Cairn
- You have not applied for a vacancy at Cairn
- You have not attended an interview at Cairn or with a Cairn person
- You have been asked to supply your personal details or perhaps complete a form
- You have been asked to send a payment to secure the offer of employment
- The email address of the sender does not end with “@cairnenergy.com”
If you have been the victim of fraudulent communications, please report the incident to the police or to ‘Action Fraud’, the UK’s national fraud reporting centre at https://www.actionfraud.police.uk