Operations

Suriname

  Block 61

In 2018 Cairn was awarded an operated exploration agreement offshore Suriname by Staatsolie (State Oil Company of Suriname).

Suriname is a frontier area with multiple wells currently drilling in the region. Cairn holds a 100% interest in the largest offshore block. The licence covers an area of 13,000 km2 in the Demerara plateau basin which has a conjugate margin to the SNE field in Senegal.

In December 2018, Cairn’s ESIA was submitted and approved ahead of our initial planned 2D seismic acquisition commitment of 4,150km. 85% of this seismic programme has now been successfully completed with the remaining 15% expected to complete by the end of Q2 2019. Data processing will be ongoing for the remainder of 2019.

DOWNLOAD BROCHURE (DUTCH) (PDF 3.3MB)

Concerns

Should you have any concerns about our activities in Suriname please contact us 

 

Back to Operations