We support the communities in which we work through focused social investment and charitable donations.
In regions where we have operations, our support for local communities is coordinated in-country as part of our Impact Benefit activities.
Cairn has an annual charitable giving programme, managed by its Charities Committee. All requests for funding are considered and evaluated in line with the Committee’s selection criteria.
Cairn supports charities that share our core values of Building Respect, Nurturing Relationships and Acting Responsibly and that encourage the behaviours we value in our own organisation, such as teamwork, fostering individual potential and encouraging entrepreneurial spirit.
Our charitable giving is disbursed across a number of categories including young people, communities, health, environment, arts and culture, and education and learning.
- We consider applications from registered charities only.
- Our support is primarily limited to charities operating in Edinburgh and Lothians.
- Previous applicants are welcome to reapply, regardless of whether they were successful or not in previous rounds.
- We do not provide details of average funding and minimum/maximum donations.
- We cannot provide any specific feedback if an application is unsuccessful.
- We are unable to provide any information in addition to what is available on this webpage regarding our donations and charitable giving process.
- We often make partial donations.
- We will consider multi-year support.
Please note that Cairn does not fund:
- charities with religious or political affiliations;
- political parties;
- places of worship;
- labour unions;
- organisations where there is a potential conflict of interest;
- organisations that discriminate; or
- individual sponsorship.
We have now disbursed all of our 2020 funding, including donations made in response to COVID-19 crisis, supporting charities in delivering high impact and immediate benefits for our local community.
Please note that 2021 funding applications should be submitted by Friday 6 November 2020.
All applications will be considered by the Charities Committee.