We are committed to equality and diversity, and understand the importance of a diverse workforce in broadening our skill base, bringing different approaches, perspectives and ideas, challenging norms and encouraging creativity, all of which support the business in delivering its strategy.
Our People Management Policy covers our approach to equality and diversity and how this is implemented in recruitment and selection, training and development, and remuneration and benefits. We also have policies on disability, religion and belief, and the treatment of those employed on a part-time basis. We collect data on the gender, nationality and disability of our appointed staff through our voluntary Equal Opportunities Form.
At year end 2016:
- 48% of Cairn staff were women;
- 10% of Cairn staff worked part-time;
- 100% of women returned to work following maternity/adoption leave and 100% of men returned following adoption/paternity leave;
- 16 different nationalities were employed at Cairn;
- 4% of the workforce had a disability;
- average age at Cairn was 43;
- 33% of management roles were held by women; and
- 1 member of the Board was a woman (11%).
Our approach to equality and diversity extends consistently to all our staff across the Cairn Group.
We are aware of the Gender Pay Gap Reporting requirements but we are currently under the threshold number of staff to be required to report.
- Determine implications arising from the development of the Equality Act